(fwd from Rodriguez) Re: Things that occur to us in Latin America, and other matters

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Wed Nov 5 06:07:48 MST 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 05:26:56PM -0500, Richard Fidler wrote:
[...]
> Fact: "America" (Turtle Island) "originally belonged" to the aboriginal
> peoples.
>
> The Hispanics lost their empire. The aboriginal peoples have yet to
> regain their sovereignty.

Fact: Each and every inhabitant of the Americas is a descendant of
immigrants. Everyone. Including the "aboriginal peoples." "What's your
point?" you say? Nothing... just thought I'd mention it.

Another fact: Nestor mentioned Latin Americans (not Hispanics). Anyway,
a Latin American can be of any "race:" there are Latin Americans of
European descent, of African descent, Amerindians, etc., etc. I doubt
that you took this into consideration as you formulated your response...

Cheers,

--
Rogelio <rogelio at eml.cc> / <rogelio at simia.ath.cx>
ECCE HOMO