Shipping Rates Triple

David Schanoes Schanoes at MNR.ORG
Wed Nov 5 07:32:16 MST 2003

That is a very interesting article-- but leaves out part of the equation
(unless I missed it).  That part is how much tonnage was mothballed with
the decline in trade in 2001.

Airlines grounded 2000 planes; railroads retired several thousand
locomotives; the truck markets are saturated with used trucks offered
for sale or lease, and I think something similar took place in
shippijng.

Anyway, the continued weakness in world trade is of ongoing concern,
see for example :http://www.wto.org/english/news_e/pres03_e/pr363_e.htm
.

dms