Peter Grimes interview on Indymedia

Xenon Zi-Neng Yuan wenhuadageming at comcast.net
Wed Nov 5 15:13:51 MST 2003

At 04:37 PM 11/5/2003 -0500, Jon Flanders wrote:
>   Collapse of the USSR? Sure, I think oil production had something to do
>with it. Maybe even a lot to do with it. Checked the headlines about
>Putin and Yukos lately?

i don't think that this is primarily due to scarcity.  didn't the reagan
administration collude with the saudis to dump oil on the market to depress
prices, so as to remove the fSU's main steady source of "income"?  that,
combined with the arms build-up were big factors in the collapse.  i forget
where i read this explanation before though...

xzy