Things that occur to us in Latin America, and other matters (reply to Néstor)

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Thu Nov 6 06:22:33 MST 2003

El Miércoles 5 de Noviembre de 2003 a las 23:21,
Richard Fidler dijo sobre Re: Things that occur to us in Latin America, and que:

> If I can make any sense of Néstor's overwrought diatribe, he seems to be
> arguing that an expression of support for the "sovereignty" of aboriginal
> peoples necessarily amounts to advocating that everyone else - all the
> other "immigrants" and their descendants, as someone else put it - should
> be expelled from the Western Hemisphere

Not at all. You will hardly make any sense of anything by me unless
you begin to think as a Marxist.

What I said is that this _is_ a tender nerve, in fact, but a
different one.

I said that these ideas, the way you exposed them on your first mail,
call for imperialist intervention. That is all that I said.

I don't fear being "evicted" by any aboriginal people. Like my
grandmother told me, in angry awe, "Nestor, you are thinking like a
'cabecita negra' (black head, the name of a humble bird of the Pampas
that was -and still is- used as a derogatory name for
[proletarian+mestizo+aborigin] in Argentina)"

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Buenos Aires, 1822