Public schools, critical pedagogy and becoming rebels

Xenon Zi-Neng Yuan wenhuadageming at comcast.net
Sat Nov 8 13:50:20 MST 2003

At 02:29 PM 11/8/2003 -0500, Mike Friedman wrote:
>I can tell you adamantly that it is not a panacaea.

by no means did i try to advocate it as some sort of "end all" miracle
solution.  sorry if i didn't make myself clear on that.  i agree about the
role of schools being much like any other institution and its crucial role
in maintaining hegemony.  my intent was only to try and emphasize the
importance of also having a "critical pedagogy" outside of so-called higher
education.