Moderator's note

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Nov 11 12:35:26 MST 2003

dmschanoes wrote:
> Well, I'm going to exceed the "five  and out" quota, but...

I want to clarify this. Marxmail does not have a strict quota, but I do
*strongly* encourage comrades to not post more than 5 times a day,
especially in debates. I want to encourage fewer but more lengthy posts
that are not based on a line-by-line rebuttal.

Henwood only allows 3 posts on his list in order to encourage diversity.
Although I disagree with him on most questions, I do agree on this. On
most scholarly email lists it is very unusual to see more than one or
two posts a day by individuals. I post more frequently than other
comrades, but mostly I am trying to send along information from the NY
Times, etc. to spur discussion.

In any case, the comrades who have been contacted by me privately on
this matter (David is not alone) would readily acknowledge that I only
step in when they have hit 9 or 10 posts.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org