Saloniki 7

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Nov 13 06:39:40 MST 2003

SIGN AND SEND TO THE GREEK AMBASSADOR IN YOUR COUNTRY

We, the undersigned, are appealing for justice for Simon Chapman
(English), Fernando Perez Gorraiz (Spanish), Carlos Martin Martinez
(Spanish), Souleiman "Castro" Dakduk (Syrian), Spyros Tsitsas (Greek)
and two Greek juveniles, known as the Saloniki 7, who were arrested
following demonstrations during the EU Summit in Thessaloniki.

We are very much concerned about the prisoners who are on hunger
strike in protest against the circumstances of their arrests and
imprisonment. The health of the hunger strikers is rapidly
deteriorating.

We appeal that bail is granted to all seven, and that one of the
prisoners, Suleiman "Castro" Dakduk - a Syrian who has been living in
exile in Crete for 18 years, and who is now threatened with
deportation back to Syria where he faces torture and imprisonment for
trade union activity - be allowed to remain in Greece.

We join the international solidarity campaign with the Saloniki 7 and
call for immediate justice.

for more info on this case pls visit:

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2003/10/279741.html

http://thessaloniki.indymedia.org/?lang=en