Forwarded from Anthony (queries)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Nov 14 06:58:55 MST 2003

If anybody on this list could help me with online (or
otherwise) sources and also comments on the following
two topics, I would appreciate it.

Precapitalist modes of production.

I am looking for sources and opinions about
precapitalist modes of production. In particular I
would like sources about 'tributary modes of
production' and 'kindred ordered modes of production'.

"Scotch Irish" Immigration

I am looking for information about the history of
Scottish immigration into and out of Ireland between
the reign of Elizabeth I and about 1820. I am
particularly interested in events in Ireland that led
the Scottish colonists in Ireland to leave and
immigrate to the United States. There was a tremendous
flood of these people into the British colonies/USA
that peaked sometime between 1800 and 1812. However,
as far as I understand Irish history, the same group
of people were gaining property andf power in Ireland
during this time span. So explaining why they left
Ireland for America is a little problem I am trying to
figure out.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give ...

All the best,

Anthony
--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org