Query on Howard Dean

Emrah Goker eg577 at columbia.edu
Sun Nov 16 08:53:46 MST 2003

The recent thread on the position(s) of the Greens has been very insightful
for an outsider like me. I've been observing that the politically
debilitating "anyone but Republicans" stance is also very favorite among
liberals in Turkey, hoping for a born-again Clinton as the "leader of the
Free World".

There was an article in the leading left-liberal Turkish newspaper by a
Turkish-American academic from San Diego today. She was putting forward
arguments endorsing Howard Dean. I felt the urge to respond. I know that
Dean was/is being debated here, but can you recommend good analyses of his
position? Please email me at (eg577 at columbia.edu).

Thanks,
emrah