Mickey Mouse

Adam Levenstein cleon42 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 20:13:43 MST 2003

--- David Quarter <davidquarter at sympatico.ca> wrote:

>   Well said, Robin, but I would just point out that the term
> redardation is derogatory, not to mention very stigmatizing for a
> person so identified.

I believe--and I'm not a psychologist or anything--that "retardation"
is a term used to describe a specific condition. It's only derogatory
because it's often used in a derogatory manner; people saying that
something messed up is "retarted," that sort of thing.

But then, I could be wrong. IANAP.

Adam

=====
Adam Levenstein                          cleon42 at yahoo.com
ICQ: 17125158

Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.