Down Mexico Way

OpenSentence Type Foundry typefoundry at opensentence.org
Wed Nov 19 20:49:02 MST 2003

> Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:46:37 -0500
> From: Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com>
> Subject: Telling the truth gets him fired
>
> NY Times, November 19, 2003
> Mexico Dismisses Its U.N. Envoy for Critical Remark About U.S.
> By TIM WEINER
>
> MEXICO CITY, Nov. 18 — Mexico's ambassador to the United Nations has
> been dismissed after saying the United States regards Mexico as a
> second-class country, government officials said Tuesday.

You know, this doesn't sound so bad to me; diplomats aren't paid to tell the
whole truth, and worse things are on offer in certain parts of this world.
Mexico is actually a pretty civilized country in terms of having a wide
range of views available; maybe he could get a job with *La Prensa*.

Jeff Rubard