Am I pushing the extreme? Been done, I guess

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Nov 21 07:32:20 MST 2003

Jeff Ruland:
>Permission to use soldier's truth denied?  Don't push tweed-tone pap about
>the military, it doesn't help working people *one bit*.  Don't care about
>technicals, even good ones: I've heard all about depleted uranium, and I
>feel bad for people who think (with some reason) that they've been harmed
>but jeezus it's not landmined Cambodia.  Permission to ruminate upon jaded
>opinion granted.

What kind of casuistry is this? Depleted uranium shells can cause cancer.
That will kill you just as much as stepping on a land-mine.

>Mr. Proyect, do you make more money than the American median as a
>(presumably longtime) employee a university?  Sure, they all do.  "And
>nothing less for you", but please do not price someone frankly much more
>radical than you and certainly far more immiserated than you out of the
>market of American life (P,S. I saw Courtney Taylor-Taylor today, and he
>motioned for me to give him a kiss, so I'm almost sure he wouldn't mind that.)

I wasn't talking about you when I referred to the enemy class. I was
referring to Wesley Clark.
.
>That's much shorter than "Joseph Weydemeyer", so hey, it might be more
>effective.  Only important to remember Joseph Weydemeyer was actually
>pretty happy about having been involved with the US Army, a theoretical
>weakness tolerated by some of his buds.

Karl Marx supported the North during the Civil War. Many of his followers
fought bravely for the North. What this has to do with NATO's criminal war
in the Balkans is beyond me.