[Marxism] Re: Hu's on First - belated reply I

Waistline2 at aol.com Waistline2 at aol.com
Fri Nov 21 16:10:18 MST 2003

In a message dated 11/21/03 2:26:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dmschanoes at earthlink.net writes:

So much for niceties.  Melvin gets it, Nick comes close, but not close
enough.  The utility of oil exists only in its social framework, its
framework of production-- thus the issue is one of capital reproduction and
the historical course of value.  Exchange value dissolves all distinctions
of utility in its "aqua regia," translating the utility into a socially
necessary value, which of course, is the mediation established by specific
relations of production.

There are no entropic traps in the line item accounting for capitalist
production.  You won't find a placeholder in the budgets of any energy
company for this, and while you might think this is a measure of capital's
shortsightedness, it is nonetheless the same shortsightedness of the
bourgeoise that determines their actions, political and military.  It is the
shortsightedness of exchange value that is the prize for the eyes of the
bourgeoisie, and their concerns for scarcity and depletion are their
nearsightedness expressions of overproduction and devaluation.

The US EIA has just released its 2002 tables on FRS (federal reporting
system) companies' economic performance through 2002.  I recommend that
anyone interested in this matter  review that data, presented in some 35 or
so separate tables.

The EIA has also released its country analysis brief on Norway-- this
analysis contains remarkable insights into the problems and prospects of
current and future North Sea production-- including the fact that total oil
extraction has exceeded by more than 50% original and earlier updated
estimates.

Regards to all anti-Malthusians.

dms

Comment

I am overwhelmed today. I spent my life working in a factory reading Marx
between breaks, raising a family, winning custody of my children, taking care of
my grandchildren and an elementary concept is not understood.

We lose and it does not make me feel good. How can one not understand the law
of value, when Marx is so clear?  Fortunately society must destroy itself or
leap to a new political basis and I gamble all my money that we make the leap.

You of course are accused of insensitivity for eating a fish sandwich and the
property relations that brings the sandwich to your door step is discarded
and replaced with a modifed version - concept of "use value," that in fact
elevated the price form to negate the value form and then destroy the logic of the
evolution of the commodity form - a property realtions.

I have read and studied these exchanges very carefully and Lenin would call
most of what has been written . . . . ..

I read all three articles of "Hu's on First" with a detail on monetary
policy, Bretton Woods and species versus fiat money - three times so fat but
generally read material like this ten times, seeking understanding of what is
written.

What the Neo Malthusian ideologist are really explaining is why the law of
entropy has overshadowed the law of value. I await the first time any one of
them steps forward with a precise description of this law. I reread - again,
about 20 articles by comrade Mark. His shortcomings are historic. I learned much
from his material and have been rewritting much of this on the basis of the law
of value.

Yes, I am sticking to a new dictionary of Marxist terms and mys first major
assualt has been on the conept of capitalist social relations. I need a year
maybe two and the description of the mode of production in naterial life is
going to be more accuatre than anything in the public domian. In orther words it
will be less absurd.

Class - wow, is going to reshape the theory debate because it is less absurd.

Marx is the only reason that men from different political tradictions arrive
at the same conclusions. The law of value. :-)

This particular article of your had an unusal clarity. Bravo.

"Exchange value dissolves all distinctions of utility . . . translating . .
.utility into a socially necessary value."

Reproduction as property is not understood. This is why we fight for the
victory of the workers in their immediate struggle and not the interest of this
particular group or that group.

Melvin P.