[Marxism] Martin Sheen Backs Gonzalez

Chris Brady cdbrady at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 23 13:54:10 MST 2003

Martin Sheen Backs Gonzalez

Martin Sheen, who stars as President Bartleton NBC’s White House drama
“West Wing” has endorsed San Francisco mayoral candidate Matt Gonzalez.
Sheen cited Gonzalez’s record of fighting for working families and
responsible government as a city supervisor.
      “Matt represents the best of American values, values that make San
Francisco a wonderful city to live in, work in and visit,” the 63-year
old-actor said.  “I am pleased to lend my name to his candidacy.”
      The Green Party candidate will face Democrat Gavin Newsom, a
wealthy entrepreneur and city supervisor, in a Dec. 9 runoff election.
      Sheen has delivered anti-war speeches at peace rallies in San
Francisco, and he appeared at a spring benefit for a Berkeley–based
nonprofit agency.

Press Democrat, Sat., Nov.22/03, p.A2