[Marxism] re: Parenti

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Wed Nov 26 09:29:12 MST 2003

El Martes 25 de Noviembre de 2003 a las 18:03,
John M Cox dijo sobre [Marxism] re: Parenti que:

> Nstor Miguel Gorojovsky:
> Actually, Parenti's _To kill a nation_ is, in Slobodan Milosevic's
> opinion, the best book written on the destruction of Yugoslavia.
> Maybe this explains the slander campaign.
>
> -- wow, that's quite an endorsement; Slobo's right up there with Marx,
> Malcolm, and Che in the pantheon of revolutionary heroes -
>
> John Cox

In a historic perspective, yes. He is.

Slobo had the guts to confront imperialism when he had to do it, and
he did it on the battlefield, an arena I am afraid you have never
been into, John. You don't need to pin up a poster of his on your
bedroom's wall but if you intend to be a serious Marxist, then you
should think a little bit before you spit out an answer.

The actual history of our movement puts many different guys side by
side, and -broadly speaking- on "our" side, because its history is in
the end the history of humankind. History is always concrete and
people must be understood within its web of concrete relations. You
may find out that many ugly people will become your room partner in
this strange hotel.

Malcolm, Guevara, Fidel, but also many other, less "palatable" guys,
also confronted imperialism consequently. That's enough with me (as
it was with Lenin and Trotsky, by the way). Why isn't that enough
with you?

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Buenos Aires, 1822