[Marxism] A distinction with a difference, mmkay?

OpenSentence Type Foundry typefoundry at opensentence.org
Wed Nov 26 09:24:01 MST 2003

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:21:29 -0800
> From: Chris Brady <cdbrady at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: [Marxism] Re.: Communism List
> To: marxism-digest <marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu>
>
> Yes, we all know that Marxists shun communism.

No, you don't, actually, because you're not paying attention to what people
say here.  I agree there is "syncategorematicity" involved in that
distinction (the latter term being something of a placeholder without a very
determinate meaning), but it is not operative.  You're being a fool, rather
than a dupe (and when you're a dupe, all kinds of shit can happen to you,
including being picked like this -- which is what the discourse here is
designed to forestall, that is load onto syndicalists and other suspect
types, which is something those kinda guys don't like to do 'cause they have
other shit to do).

Jeff Rubard