[Marxism] Re: Behind the headlines on Michael Jackson

Xenon Zi-Neng Yuan wenhuadageming at comcast.net
Sun Nov 30 20:56:04 MST 2003

wow... that IS an old wound...  ;)   well, here's my piece...

first off, i do personally suspect the man.  the evidence in the subsequent
civil case, from what i remember of it, definitely seems to implicate him -
though i still can't say for sure.  the pertinent fact of the matter is:
was there enough reasonable doubt in the minds of the jurors in the
criminal case?  could a racist police officer like fuhrman and a
notoriously racist police department have tampered with the evidence?  the
alleged discrediting of the "race card" was not done by cochran's invoking
of it - the discrediting was done primarily by the media and by an american
society that still refuses to confront the legacy of slavery.

from the last verse of mos def's "mr. nigga", on his album "black on both
sides":

You can laugh and criticize Michael Jackson if you wanna
Woody Allen, molested and married his step-daughter
Same press kicking dirt on Michael's name
Show Woody and Soon-Ye at the playoff game, holding hands
Sit back and just bug, think about that
Would he get that type of dap if his name was Woody Black?
OJ found innocent by a jury of his peers
They been f*cking with that Nigga for last five years
Is it fair, is it equal, is it just, is it right?
Do they do the same sh*t when the defendent face is white?
If white boys doing it, well, it's success
When I start doing, well, it's suspect
Don't hate me, my folks is poor, I just got money
America's five centuries deep in cotton money
You see a lot of brothers caked up, yo straight up
It's new, Y'all living off of slave traders paper
But I'm a live though, yo I'm a live though
Putting up the big swing for my kids yo
Got my mom the fat water-front crib yo
I'm a get her them pretty bay windows
I'm a cop a nice home to provide in
A safe environment for seeds to reside in
A fresh whip for my whole family to ride in
And if I'm still Mr Nigga, I won't find it suprising