Paulsen gets in his two cents on another Gould response part1

Lueko.Willms at t-online.de Lueko.Willms at t-online.de
Wed Sep 3 00:28:29 MDT 2003

# Subject: Re: Paulsen gets in his two cents on another Gould response
part1
# From: Adam Levenstein <cleon42 at yahoo.com>
# Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 06:50:10 -0700 (PDT)

  replying to

> --- Nestor Gorojovsky <nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar> wrote:
>> Let us allow Iraqis to pass judgement on their own affairs.
>> Nobody in the West has a shred of right to olympically
>> become the judge of the political parties in those countries
>> that the West has torn to bleeding pieces.
> >
> > This is Leninism ABC, methinks. But maybe I am wrong.
>
> You are hardly wrong. I hate "me toos," but I definitely want
> to go on record as being with Lou Palsen, Nestor, and Jose--i.e.,
> on the side of the Iraqi people.

   The Iraqi people is today [this was written Tuesday, 2 September]
assembled in Najaf by the hundreds of thousands, and they express not
only their rejection of the US occupation, but also their hatred of
Saddam Hussein and his regime, and the bombing which most seem to
ascribe to those forces coming from pieces of this hated regime.

> The Iraqis have EVERY right to wage their struggle for liberation on
> their OWN terms. To deny them this right is to deny the right of
> Palestinians to struggle by any means THEY feel necessary.
> To deny them this right is to deny the right of ANY oppressed people

> to wage their own struggles based on their own terms--that's the ABCs

> of the right to self-determination, IMO.

   This is certainly true. How the majority wants to wage that
struggle can be seen in Najaf.

   And also, please note that the Iraqi people is divided into
classes with diverging, to put it mildly, interests.

   But when I read something like this: