And besides, the wench is dead

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Sep 5 14:21:43 MDT 2003

Christopher Marlow, "The Jew of Malta", Act IV:

FRIAR BARNARDINE. Thou hast committed--

BARABAS. Fornication: but that was in another country;
And besides, the wench is dead.

===

Joanne Landy:
Here are the facts. In the early 1990s I was invited to join the Council
on Foreign Relations on the initiative of Katrina vanden Heuvel (now
editor of The Nation), herself a CFR member. At the time Cora Weiss, a
major leader in the American peace movement, and Aryeh Neier, head of
Human Rights Watch and anathema to the Reagan administration for his
relentless work in exposing U.S. complicity in Latin American human
rights violations, were also members of the Council. So I thought I
would join, go down and make some trouble as a left wing voice. But in
fact I felt so alienated at the three or four forums I went to that I
didn't participate at all in the organization.

full: http://www.wpunj.edu/icip/newpol/issue35/landy35.htm

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org