Cuba's Olympic Baseball Team

dmschanoes dmschanoes at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 6 10:00:39 MDT 2003

There is, to my recollection, no permanent Cuban national team.  A national
team is selected from players of the various teams for special events,
Olympics, PanAmerican Games, beating the crap out of the Baltimore Orioles
in Baltimore, etc.

The premiere team in Cuba is, I believe, the Industriales from Havana,
think El Duke and Contreras pitched for them.  The Met shortstop, traded at
the start of this year, forget his name== no bat, fair glove= was the second
string shortstop on the Industriales.

dms