Your Conflict-of-Interest

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Sun Sep 7 09:02:16 MDT 2003

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, Bob Feldman wrote:

> If you're presently on the payroll of Columbia University, wouldn't
> there now be a conflict-of-interest in you deciding to use your web site
> to post a right-opportunist political attack on the Columbia SDS
> activists who resisted Columbia University's complicity with U.S.
> imperialism during the 1960s? How about using your web site to now call
> for amnesty for the imprisoned founder of Columbia University Students
> for a Democratic Society (SDS): David Gilbert--who appeared in the
> Weather Underground movie?--bob

What do you mean by right-opportunist? I wasn't aware that calling
attention to the foolishness of setting off pipe-bombs in the name of "the
people" was right-opportunist. Who are you, anyhow? A middle-aged veteran
of SDS-Weathermen still fighting battles of the 1960s and 70s like a
Japanese soldier on some Pacific atoll who hasn't learned that WWII is
over? Pathetic.

As far as Gilbert is concerned, I am not sure that there is much in the
way of a campaign to win his release, judging by the worldwide web.
Instead of writing me poison pen letters, you might spend your time more
effectively in this effort.