Victor Jara Stadium

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 21:51:40 MDT 2003

Following  up on this for the piece in my blog, I found that The New York
Times actually has a lengthy story  today on the anniversary of the coup,
which not only doesn't mention Victor Jara, but also doesn't mention the
massacres which followed the coup. Remarkably, this article leaves the
impression that the only person who died in the coup was Salvador Allende,
and he by his own hand; in other words, that Pinochet did not kill a single
person. More including the URL at http://lefti.blogspot.com.

However despicable you think the mainstream media are, it's always worse.

http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es