Forwarded from Anthony (slavocracy and northwestern farmers)

dmschanoes dmschanoes at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 13 13:04:18 MDT 2003

CORRECTION AND APOLOGIES:

Reread Anthony's July 10 post about the suitability of plantation slavery to
tropical climates and his argument is based on costs of housing, clothes,
food, and the duration of the growing season, not the physical biology of
African people.   I apologize for confusing the two.

I still maintain that the southern US does not qualify as tropical.

dms