Michael Moore: "Tell Wesley Clark to run!"

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sun Sep 14 19:18:13 MDT 2003

In fairness to Michael Moore, he was explicit that: "This is not an
endorsement. For me, it's too early for that."

He is urging Gen. Clark to run are for the following enumerated reasons:

"1. You oppose the Patriot Act and would fight the expansion of its
powers.
"2. You are firmly pro-choice.
"3. You filed an amicus brief with the Supreme Court in support of the
University of Michigan's affirmative action case.
"4. You would get rid of the Bush tax 'cut' and make the rich pay their
fair share.
"5. You respect the views of our allies and want to work with them and
with the rest of the international community.
"6. And you oppose war. You have said that war should always be the
'last resort' and that it is military men such as yourself who are the
most for peace because it is YOU and your soldiers who have to do the
dying. ..."

The entry of Gen. Clark into the race would qualitatively elevate the
level of American politics very quickly.

Solidarity!
Mark L.