Not fade away (Final and general)

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Mon Sep 22 17:02:41 MDT 2003

The judgement of history on Stalin and Stalinism was passed when the
Russian working masses could not, or did not wish, or did not decide,
or were unarmed to, transform the system through a revolution and
keep the SU alive.

This is, for me, a closed issue.

The problem now, the struggle now, lies elsewhere, Jurriaan. It lies
in explaining that whatever the tremendous horrors in Stalinism, this
thing that Russians have now is simply murder. And that they won't
have anything else unless they throw capitalism away --_again_. And I
stress the "again", because Russians must feel pride for what they
did since they will have to do it anew.

The time of denounciation of Stalinism is over. It could have brought
about a political revolution in the USSR, as Trotsky expected. But it
didn't -what we have there  is full capitalist and imperialist
restoration. Those who fought for the political revolution were
defeated twice: by Stalinism and by imperialism.

Now we must recognize the new terrain and march forward.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Buenos Aires, 1822