On the demographic crisis in Russia

Waistline2 at aol.com Waistline2 at aol.com
Tue Sep 23 23:19:55 MDT 2003

In a message dated 9/23/03 7:30:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar writes:

Sorry, Jurriaan, but your friend's data are confirming my
assumptions.

The demographic crisis is a result of the destruction of the old
system. In this sense, it is not a crisis at all. It is a one-way
trip towards capitalist "normalcy".

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky

Comment

If life was an abstraction between the ideas of democracy and bread for all
in ones head - the interior of the mind, and not the stark reality of billions
of living souls - (billions not millions), one could spend a life time
debating the attributes of the democratic character of the former Soviet Power and
"Stalinism." The reason Russians and other folks leave the former Soviet Union
while immigrants pour into the Soviet Union is simply - bread or standard of
living.  You make this clear to the blind, deaf and dumb.

I do not seek to attribute to you any of my feelings but climbed on the back
of your comments because truth is a harsh mistress or master.  My feeling on
the unfolding social revolution in Argentina have been stated and recorded.
"Our spirits shall be as one."

You are kinder and gentler than I Sir. I call them what they are: imperialist
scoundrels. They can take nothing from me and only liberate my soul. Many of
"them" have been my tormentors for a lifetime, with their so-called "leftwing
flanking."

Pardon, but I shall never have peace in this eternity or the one following
that. "They" shall tell me nothing.

Melvin P.