The Amazing Grace of Osama Bin Laden

Jurriaan Bendien bendien at tomaatnet.nl
Wed Sep 24 09:00:42 MDT 2003

I wrote briefly on Marxmail about how Elliot Abrams received his "Amazing
Grace" from the slave drivers, but really for a more balanced, objective and
nuanced view, I ought to write a story about Osama Bin Laden.

There is a problem here, because to assess Laden 's merits and demerits
correctly, you need to know a hell of a lot, and I do not know it. I do know
that the information is available, but the problem is that a lot of it is
secret and classified. As I said to Youssef yesterday, most people do not
want to touch the story, because they are mortally afraid that they might
get killed by terrorists, or that it may cause a disturbance in bourgeois
society, because, in opening up the real story, they open up a whole "can of
worms" and this leads directly to the exposure of many filthy secrets of the
bourgeois government and its hangers-on.

Yesterday, I was reading an explicit Dutch feature article about the sex
life of Osama Bin Laden by a Dutch journalist, who had interviewed one of
his (apparently many) sex partners about her Moroccan experience of Bin
Laden, and this woman made all sorts of claims, for example about how he put
a bag over her head and then raped her, and so on (the OBL version of
"Dancing in the Street"). That is a serious allegation, but how true it is,
I do not know. Generally, women in bourgeois society like to reduce the
politics they do not like, to sexual hatred and hatred of life, and of
course if you have screwed somebody famous like Mick Jagger, then you can
make money out of it too. And some men like to be women as well.

So I will limit my progress report to mentioning, that according to the
Dutch interviewer's informant, Osama Bin Laden was a fan of the B-52s
popgroup and of the singer Whitney Houston, and that he read Playboy
magazine. So Osama and myself did have something in common after all,
although I never had Houston records nor a subscription to Playboy, as far
as I remember (we are talking about the late 70s and early 80s here). I do
remember going to a B-52s pop concert in Christchurch, New Zealand with my
flatmates.

Whether these facts will have a devasting impact on the bourgeois fashion
world, I do not know.

Do you see the face on the TV screen
coming at you every Sunday
see that face on the billboard
that man is me

On the cover of the magazine
there's no question why I'm smiling
you buy a piece of paradise
you buy a piece of me

I'll get you everything you wanted
I'll get you everything you need
don't need to believe in hereafter
just believe in me

Cos Jesus he knows me
and he knows I'm right
I've been talking to Jesus all my life
oh yes he knos me
and he knos I'm right
and he's been telling me
everything is alright

I believe in the family
with my ever loving wife beside me
but she don't know about my girlfriend
or the man I met last night

Do you believe in God
cos that's what I'm selling
and if you wanna go to heaven
I'll see you right

You won't even have to leave your house
or get out of your chair
you don't even have to touch that dial
cos I'm everywhere

Cos Jesus he knows me
and he knows I'm right
I've been talking to Jesus all my life
oh yes he knos me
and he knos I'm right
and he's been telling me
everything is alright

Won't find me practising what I'm preaching
won't find me making no sacrifice
but I can get you a pocketful of miracles
if you promise to be good, try to be nice
God will take good care of you
just do as I say, don't do as I do

I'm counting my blessings,
I've found true happiness
cos I'm getting richer, day by day
you can find me in the phone book,
just call my toll free number
you can do it anyway you want
just do it right away

There'll be no doubt in your mind
you'll believe everything I'm saying
if wanna get closer to him
get on your knees and start paying

Cos Jesus he knows me
and he knows I'm right
I've been talking to Jesus all my life
oh yes he knos me
and he knos I'm right
and he's been telling me
everything is alright

- "Jesus He Knows Me" by Tony Banks/Phil Collins/Mike Rutherford

J.