Dysentery

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Sep 30 12:54:36 MDT 2003

Sanford Levinson, "The Debate on Torture: War Against Virtual States":
I would adopt some version of the view articulated by Michael Walzer in
his essay "The Problem of Dirty Hands," (War and Moral Responsibility,
op. cit.) where he explicitly endorses the necessity of having political
leaders who are willing, in dire circumstances, to engage in horrendous
actions, including torture.

http://www.dissentmagazine.org/

===

Woody Allen, "Annie Hall":

ALVY
(Taking Robin's hand)
I'm so tired of spending evenings making fake insights with people who
work for Dysentery.

ROBIN
Commentary.

ALVY
Oh, really, I heard that Commentary and Dissent had merged and formed
Dysentery.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org