[Marxism] [Fwd: Cuban Media, Response from Dangl and Howard]

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Apr 1 06:53:20 MST 2004

This is a reply from Benjamin Dangl and April Howard, who co-authored a
critique of Cuban media on Counterpunch that I critiqued on Marxmail a
week or so ago. They mention the Gehry Art Center at Bard below. I
should add that the building had a cost overrun of $45 million,
conceivably more than the operating budget of the entire college during
the four years I was there, even after factoring in inflation! An
article on Gehry's fading allure that mentions this and other fiascos
can be read at:

<http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20040324/GEHRY24/TPEntertainment/TopStories>