[Marxism] Guantanamo Prisoners Denied Even Animal-level Rights

M. Junaid Alam junaidalam at msalam.net
Thu Apr 1 10:15:08 MST 2004

Shit like this makes my blood boil.
===
Prisoners, according to Jamal, were told they had no rights. "They
actually said that--'you have no rights here.' After a while, we stopped
asking for human rights--we wanted animal rights.

"In Camp X-Ray, my cage was right next to a kennel housing an Alsatian
dog. He had a wooden house with air conditioning and green grass to
exercise on. I said to the guards, 'I want his rights,' and they
replied, 'That dog is member of the U.S. army.'"

full: http://counterpunch.org/colson04012004.html