[Marxism] Re: Mercenaries

lshan at bcn.net lshan at bcn.net
Fri Apr 2 16:26:41 MST 2004

I couldn't find the full article that Louis quotes from on the prorev site.
However, I thought I would pass on the following from a friend of mine that
I was just talking to. He said that a friend of one of the killed "civilian
contractors" described him as a "volunteer" who was helping liberate Iraq.

Right, just like one of those people who volunteer to help out on
Thanksgiving or Christmas to feed the needy. I hope that the families of
these macho misguided creatures will demand that they all come home now. You
don't need to be rich to have a rich, satisfying life.

Does anyone on the Marxmail list know how much these "volunteer" "soldiers
of fortune" (sorry, should have said "civilian contractors") get for their
service to the poor people of Iraq?

Brian Shannon