[Marxism] The March 20 day of action around the world

Einde O'Callaghan einde at gmx.de
Fri Apr 2 20:12:15 MST 2004

Raymond Chase wrote:
> =====================================
>      The March 20 day of action around the world
> =====================================
>
> In general, the worldwide mobilization against the
> occupation of Iraq (and on many other related
> issues, varying from place to place) was definitely
> a success.

<snip>

> In addition to the demonstrations held in large cities
> and capitals, what has characterized this mobilization
> was the breadth of the protests that took place.  Based
> on the information received, we learned that actions were
> held in at least 312 cities across the US, at least
> 120 cities across Japan, at least 70 cities across Canada,
> at least 12 cities across Turkey, etc.
>
> For more information and to access a website with a lot
> of pictures of the various protests, see at the very end of
> this message.
>
> ===================================
> Number  of demonstrators in various cities
>     Supplementary news and photos
> ===================================

<snip>

> EUROPE:
> Amsterdam          3 000
> Athènes                7 000
> Barcelone          200 000
> Berlin                    2 000

There was no central demonstration in Germany (mainly becuase of a
concentratiohn on the massive demonstrations against the government's
welfare "reforms" today in Berlin, Cologne and Stuttgart. Nevertheless,
there were actions of various sizes in over 100 different cities across
the country.

Einde O'Callaghan