[Marxism] Re: The Militant and imperialist war - reply to Lueko

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Fri Apr 2 23:52:22 MST 2004

     Am  31.03.04
schrieb  lshan at bcn.net
    auf  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
     in  BC90E993.19C9%lshan at bcn.net
  ueber  [Marxism] Re: The Militant and imperialist war - reply to Lueko

l> First a self-correction. My reading of The Militant editorial of
l> 4/5/04 was superficial.

  I have to admit that I didn't read it at all.

l> I jumped to the conclusion that this phrasing implied
l> inter-imperialist military conflict. However, nowhere in the editorial
l> is this stated.

l> But the editorial does not say that the imperialist powers will
l> fight each other. The plunder being described is clearly of the
l> colonial or semi-colonial world and the former soviet bloc.
l>
l> Lueko is replying to my own false argument. "My bad" to use a current
l> U.S. expression.

  I was just explaining my view of the interimperialist conflicts as
they are unfolding and sharpening, and to what extent my view
coincides with those expressed in "The Militant" over the past 15
years, and where not.

  I do think that these conflicts have the _tendency_ to escalate in a
new interimperialist war, and that this needs to be explained, but
that there should not be a crying "Wolf!" in every moment.

  History will tell, and history will be made primarily be the
intervention of broad masses -- millions and hundreds of millions of
people.

  E.g. today there are three big demonstrations in Germany protesting
against the social cutbacks and wage dumping policies of the
government. In Berlin, Cologne, and Stuttgart.

Yours,

"Das Volk, das ein anderes Volk unterjocht, schmiedet seine eigenen
Ketten."                         - Karl Marx           (1. Januar 1870)