[Marxism] Kerry Should Quit

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Apr 3 19:02:16 MST 2004

Here's a feisty Nader voter!

*****   Kerry Should Quit
Posted by Jimmy Montague on Tuesday March 23, 2004 at 7:00 am MST [
Send Story to Friend ]

I don't know if the rest of you have pegged Sen. John Kerry yet. But
I have. So I'm here to tell John Kerry, and Terry McAuliffe, and the
Democratic Party: If you think I'll vote to replace a jerk from Texas
with a jerk from Massachusetts, then you're a jerk who'd better think
again.

I voted for Bill Clinton in '92 and again in '96 - not because I
liked him but because, bad as he was, Clinton wasn't as bad as the
Republican alternative. But '96 was the end of it for me. I'm not
playing that game any more. I voted Nader in 2000. In fact, I voted
third-party in every race on the ballot. And I'll do it again unless
I find something that goes down smoother than Republican Lite.

As I write, John Kerry runs around the country telling anyone who'll
listen that he can manage the Iraq war better than George Bush. I
don't give a damn if he can. The war in Iraq doesn't need to be
managed. It needs to be stopped.

Kerry says that Dubya deceived him and his colleagues. Had Democrats
known the administration's case against Saddam was false, they
wouldn't have voted for the war. But I knew the administration's case
was false simply from reading press reports on the Internet. If Kerry
and the Democrats are so easily deceived, then none are fit for the
Oval Office and all of them should resign. Instead, they want to
manage the war better.

Talk about Iraq leads to talk about Uncle Sam's Middle-East policy.
Our leaders told us for years of a "special relationship" that exists
between the United States and Israel. I think it's time our leaders
explained that relationship for the American people. Considering
Israel is our biggest foreign-aid client, considering we now fight
wars in part to defend Israel, we deserve an explanation. Bush won't
explain. Kerry doesn't promise to tell us, either. He wants to manage
the war better.

Are we at war in Iraq because (as many insist) we're running out of
oil? If so, then we need a national energy policy that reflects the
fact. We should invest the billions slated for Iraq in alternative
energy and new forms of transport. I hear Kerry say he'll toss a few
billion in that direction, but nothing like the wad that he's wound
up to hurl at Iraq. He wants to manage the war better.

Kerry says he'll protect us from terrorism by hiring 100,000 cops and
100,000 firefighters. I'd feel safer if he'd fire 100,000 cops,
dismantle the paranoiac Department of Homeland Security, enact
socialized medicine, end the drug war, reaffirm our Bill of Rights,
reform the insurance companies, break up big media and business
conglomerates, tear up the tax code and write a new one. . . .

Yeesh! When I start thinking about all the good things a good
president could do for America, it's hard to stop. But Kerry doesn't
promise any of that. He wants to manage the war better.

A recent A.P. poll shows that 46 percent of likely voters favor
George Bush for president, 45 percent favor John Kerry and 6 percent
favor Ralph Nader.

Bush's numbers are firm. The only people who still listen to him are
fanatics. If Bush kicked his wife into the middle of the street and
slit her throat on live television, he'd still have that 46 percent.

Nader's numbers are firm, too. We Nader voters want reform. We know
we won't get it from Kerry, so we won't vote for him no matter how
often he promises to manage the war better.

With 52 percent firmly against him, Kerry is a loser before the race
starts. If he wasn't a jerk to boot, he'd drop out now. Kerry's
presence on the slate in Election 2004 will only pull votes away from
Nader and allow George Bush to win.

<http://www.phxnews.com/fullstory.php?article=10232>   *****
--
Yoshie