[Marxism] Re: Three Salvadoran Soldiers Wounded in Iraq

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 4 09:44:24 MDT 2004

Fidel was right. Zapatero should have called for the
immediate and unconditional withdrawal of his nation's
troops from Iraq. By the way, I can offer an entirely
different scenario from the one I offered previously
about the political meaning of Fidel's letter to the
José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, the new Spanish PM.

Another way to see the letter would be rather than a
friendly gesture, it could alternatively been seen as
a blunt message to a man who hasn't yet taken office
telling him how to run his country's foreign policy,
and a warning that the blood of Spanish and Latin
American soldiers would be on his hands if he didn't
speak up right away against the occupation.
http://www.granma.cu/ingles/2004/marzo/mar16/mensaje.html