[Marxism] Sadr: "I call upon the American people to stand beside their brethren, the Iraqi people"

Derek Seidman derekseidman at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 12:05:06 MDT 2004

Anti-American Cleric Criticizes Iraq War
AP, 1 hour, 19 minutes ago

(clip)

"I call upon the American people to stand beside their
brethren, the Iraqi people, who are suffering an
injustice by your rulers and the occupying army, to
help them in the transfer of power to honest Iraqis,"
al-Sadr said in a statement issued by his office in
the southern city of Najaf.

"Otherwise, Iraq will be another Vietnam for America
and the occupiers," the statement said.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=540&e=8&u=/ap/20040407/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_al_sadr_statement_1