[Marxism] Re: The Insurrection in Irag

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Fri Apr 9 16:39:02 MDT 2004

     Am  09.04.04
schrieb  cortgreene at excite.com (cort greene)
    auf  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
     in  20040409185515.6BEE08AEAA at xprdmailfe2.nwk.excite.com
  ueber  [Marxism] The Insurrection in Irag

  Actually Alan Wood is writing:

AW> Under Saddam Hussein the ruling clique, drawn from the minority Sunni
AW> community, ruled with an iron fist, suppressing the aspirations of
AW> the Shiites (60 percent of the population) and Kurds. By destroying
AW> the central power, the US-led invasion inevitably gave rise to
AW> powerful centrifugal forces that have a logic of their own.

  I think the opposite is true. Saddam Hussein's main crime was to
divide the Iraqi nation and to weaken Iraq's defenses against
imperialist aggression.

  His regime created centrifugal forces among the Iraqi nation, which
made the conquest by the US invaders possible in the first place.

  His removal removes the obstacle between the Iraqi nation and
imperialism, and helps to unite the Iraqi nation to confront the
foreign occupier.

  This is being shown these days when the dreams of the imperialist
pundits about a civil war between Shia and Sunni Arabs turn into thin
air, and even the the Kurds start thinking why they have less say over
their affairs than in the 1990ies, when Saddam Hussein was in control
in Baghdad and their tribal militias in their areas, with no foreign
troops interfering.

Yours,

"Regierung aus dem Volke, durch das Volk und für das Volk"
   - Abraham Lincoln, Ansprache in Gettysburg, 19.11.1863
"... was in die revolutionäre Sprache von heute übersetzt heißt:
eine Regierung von Arbeitern, durch Arbeiter und für Arbeiter"
                                  - Fidel Castro, November 1994