[Marxism] Ashcroft avoided commercial airlines due to security concerns...

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sat Apr 10 12:51:53 MDT 2004

I am crosslisting this from the historians against war group, so I'll
just give the URL.
<http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/07/26/national/main303601.shtml>

The upshot is that Ashcroft was using leased aircraft owing to an FBI
threat assessments about commercial air flight (not specific threats
against cabinet members, etc.  Indeed, other cabinet members were using
commercial airliners.)  The decision to put Ashcroft on a leased plane
came from his FBI detail.  The FBI itself has had no further comment.

ML