[Marxism] Michael Moore getting a few things right

Derek Seidman derekseidman at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 16:39:49 MDT 2004

Wednesday, April 14th, 2004
Heads Up... from Michael Moore

(clip)

First, can we stop the Orwellian language and start
using the proper names for things? Those are not
“contractors” in Iraq. They are not there to fix a
roof or to pour concrete in a driveway. They are
MERCENARIES and SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE. They are there
for the money, and the money is very good if you live
long enough to spend it.

Halliburton is not a "company" doing business in Iraq.
It is a WAR PROFITEER, bilking millions from the
pockets of average Americans. In past wars they would
have been arrested -- or worse.

The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation
are not "insurgents" or "terrorists" or "The Enemy."
They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their
numbers will grow -- and they will win. Get it, Mr.
Bush? You closed down a friggin' weekly newspaper, you
great giver of freedom and democracy! Then all hell
broke loose. The paper only had 10,000 readers! Why
are you smirking?

(clip)

There is a lot of talk amongst Bush's opponents that
we should turn this war over to the United Nations.
Why should the other countries of this world,
countries who tried to talk us out of this folly, now
have to clean up our mess? I oppose the U.N. or anyone
else risking the lives of their citizens to extract us
from our debacle. I'm sorry, but the majority of
Americans supported this war once it began and, sadly,
that majority must now sacrifice their children until
enough blood has been let that maybe -- just maybe --
God and the Iraqi people will forgive us in the end.

Until then, enjoy the "pacification" of Falluja, the
"containment" of Sadr City, and the next Tet Offensive
– oops, I mean, "terrorist attack by a small group of
Baathist loyalists" (Hahaha! I love writing those
words, Baathist loyalists, it makes me sound so Peter
Jennings!) -- followed by a "news conference" where we
will be told that we must "stay the course" because we
are "winning the hearts and minds of the people."

I'll write again soon. Don't despair. Remember, the
American people are not that stupid. Sure, we can be
frightened into a war, but we always come around
sooner or later -- and the one way this is NOT like
Vietnam is that it hasn't taken the public four long
years to figure out they were lied to.

Full:
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php