[Marxism] Re: Sadr Capitulates

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Thu Apr 15 13:02:13 MDT 2004

     Am  15.04.04
schrieb  junaidalam at msalam.net (M. Junaid Alam)
    auf  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
     in  407EADB8.2020206 at msalam.net
  ueber  [Marxism] Sadr Capitulates

MJA> Muqtada Agrees to Dissolve Militia, May go into temporary exile in
MJA> Iran

  I heard it differently, namely that Moqtada as-Sadr agrees to
convert the Al Mahdi Army into a regular political movement, and that
he would be ready to answer to the accusations against him before a
court under a really sovereign Iraqi government.

  I understood it rather as the proper move to a higher level now that
there has been a wide popular armed movement, so that it would not
necessary be a good idea to have the armed milita of a single
tendency.

  I don't see it as a capitulation, but as a step forward.

  But I would like to use the occasion to voice my opinion that the
Iraqi people will still take some time to forge a leadership accepted
by all, or at least by an overwhealming majority.

  And that I hope that a vigorous working class movement will put its
mark on this process.

Yours,

"Regierung aus dem Volke, durch das Volk und für das Volk"
   - Abraham Lincoln, Ansprache in Gettysburg, 19.11.1863
"... was in die revolutionäre Sprache von heute übersetzt heißt:
eine Regierung von Arbeitern, durch Arbeiter und für Arbeiter"
                                  - Fidel Castro, November 1994