[Marxism] Excerpts from Bin Laden Truce Offer to Europe

M. Junaid Alam junaidalam at msalam.net
Thu Apr 15 16:15:27 MDT 2004

It is hard to ignore some of the things he says, regardless of the
things he actually does...

======
http://www.guardian.co.uk/alqaida/story/0,12469,1192431,00.html

Excerpts from 'Bin Laden' tape

Translation provided by Reuters
Thursday April 15, 2004

This is a message to our neighbours north of the Mediterranean Sea with
a proposal for a truce in response to the positive reactions which
emerged there.

What happened on September 11 and March 11 are your goods returned to
you, so that you know security is a necessity for all and we do not
accept that you monopolise it for yourselves, and knowledgeable nations
will not accept that their leaders risk their security.

Be aware that if you describe us and our actions as terrorism, then you
should describe yourselves and your actions that way as well.

Our actions come in response to your actions of destroying and killing
our people in Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine. It is enough to witness
the event that shocked the world, the killing of the elderly,
wheelchair-bound Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, God have mercy on him, and we
pledge to God to take revenge on America, God willing.

Under what grace are your victims innocent and ours dust, and under
which doctrine is your blood blood and our blood water? Reciprocation is
just, and he who starts is more unjust.

As for your leaders, and those who adopt their strategy, who insist on
ignoring the real problem of the occupation of all of Palestine and who
exaggerate in lying and denying our right to defend ourselves and to
resist, they have no self-respect and belittle the faith and minds of
people.

Their fallacy increases the shedding of your blood instead of stemming
it. A review of the deaths in our land and your land reveal an important
truth which is that there is injustice done to both us and you by your
leaders who send your sons, despite your objections, to our land to kill
and be killed.

It is in the interest of both parties not to give a chance to those who
shed the blood of nations for their limited personal interest and
obedience to the gang of the White House.

This war earns millions of dollars for big companies, whether those who
manufacture weapons or those involved in reconstruction, such as
Halliburton and its sisters and daughters.

And it becomes very clear who benefits from igniting the fires of this
war and bloodshed: it is the traders of war, the bloodsuckers who run
the policy of the world from behind a curtain.

President [George W] Bush and leaders in his sphere, big media
institutions, and the United Nations, which entrenches the relationship
between the veto masters and the General Assembly slaves, are all
instruments in deceiving and abusing people.

All of them are a fatal danger to the world, and the Zionist lobby is
their most dangerous and difficult member, and we insist, God willing,
on continuing to fight them.

Based on this, and to deprive war traders of opportunities, and in
response to the positive reactions reflected in recent events and public
polls showing that most European people want a truce, I urge the
faithful, especially scholars, clerics and traders, to establish a
permanent committee to build awareness among Europeans of the justice of
our causes, foremost Palestine, and make use of the vast media resources.

I offer a truce to them [Europe] with a commitment to stop operations
against any state which vows to stop attacking Muslims or interfere in
their affairs, including [participating] in the American conspiracy
against the wider Muslim world.

This first truce can be renewed upon expiry and the establishment of a
new government agreed upon by both parties. And the announcement of the
truce starts with the withdrawal of the last soldier from our land, and
the door is open for three months from the date of the announcement of
this statement.

Whoever rejects this truce and wants war, we are its [war's] sons, and
whoever wants this truce, here we bring it. Stop shedding our blood to
save your own, and the solution to this simple but complex equation is
in your hands.

You know matters will escalate the more you delay, and then do not blame
us, but blame yourselves. Rational people do not risk their security,
money and sons to appease the White House liar.

The killing of Russians came after their invasion of Afghanistan and
Chechnya, and the killing of Europeans came after their invasion of Iraq
and Afghanistan.

The killing of Americans on the day of New York came after their support
of the Jews in Palestine and their invasion of the Arabian peninsula,
and their killing in Somalia came after they invaded it in an operation
to "restore hope", so we returned them without hope, thank God.