[Marxism] The Militant's editorial on Iraq

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Apr 17 06:36:53 MDT 2004

Junaid:
>Frankly I fail to understand the value of poring over what the Militant
>says, what Jack Barnes writes, how many times he wipes his ass a day, etc.
>This is really an almost narcissistic exercise. There are brighter
>developments and more urgent potentialities to explore than staring down a
>sewer drain filled with the shit-stew of the far left.

Junaid's point is well-taken. It is not as if we are dealing with a group
that is actually *misleading* the left like the CP, which actually has a
presence in the antiwar movement pushing it to the right. It is a very
small group that is easily ignored. If the Militant weere not online, I
doubt if there would be much attention paid to them at all. I think we are
dealing with a form of group therapy for comrades who were traumatized by
experiences in a particularly unpleasant sect. We really need to think more
about what *we* should be doing rather than focus on the proclamations of a
pretty irrelevant outfit.

Louis Proyect
Marxism list: www.marxmail.org