[Marxism] re: Books on the Spanish Civil War

paul illich paul_illich at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 19 05:11:34 MDT 2004

I know it's away from political bias you'd like to get, but...

I'd recommend Bookchin's Spanish Civil War ["anarchist"-left] and
Branan's Spanish Labyrinth [again, anarchist] in conjunction with
the other main works that take others paths. Ultimately, I'd see
a mosaic approach as getting you closer to a view of where it
was at.

As for Thomas, great up to a point, but yes a bit of a military
history, and a wee bit reactionary here are there.

Paul