[Marxism] The Only Clear Anti-War Campaign
furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Apr 21 12:33:38 MDT 2004
***** Nader Campaign Says It Qualifies for Funds
Wednesday April 21, 2004 5:01 PM
By SAM HANANEL
Associated Press Writer
WASHINGTON (AP) - Independent presidential candidate Ralph Nader
raised about $600,000 in the two months since he announced his
candidacy, enough money to qualify for federal matching funds and
well ahead of the fund-raising pace he set four years ago, his
campaign announced Wednesday.
In papers filed with Federal Election Commission, Nader said roughly
60 percent of that amount had been donated over the Internet.
To receive matching funds, a candidate must raise at least $5,000 in
20 states in donations of $250 or less. Nader has collected more than
$5,000 from 23 different states. About 91 percent of his donations
have been under $100. . . .
Campaign spokesman Kevin Zeese said Nader was able to make the
request for matching funds two months earlier than he did in 2000,
when he announced his candidacy at about the same time. Nader had
raised only $198,000 by this time four years ago.
``We're doing better than last time despite the fear of the liberal
intelligentsia,'' Zeese said. ``And we're starting to establish
ourselves as the only clear anti-war campaign.'' . . .
* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/>
* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/>
* Calendars of Events in Columbus:
<http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/>
* Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/>
* Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/>
* Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio>
* Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>
More information about the Marxism