[Marxism] RE: anti-semitism and Israel

Calvin Broadbent calvinbroadbent at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 22 07:44:08 MDT 2004

Hi,
Does Xxxxxx not read any of the posts on the subject she instigated? There
is tons of evidence to suggest Zionist collaboration with the nazis before
they came to power. It really isn't the major issue. The point is that
Zionism is a racist supremacist ideology intended to justify a thoroughly
brutal and undemocratic colonial project responsible for over 50 years of
intense suffering and depradation. The Israeli govt., labour and likud, are
historically consistently rejectionist. They deny the human rights of
Palestinians. They deny their rights under international law. They steal
their land. They murder their leaders. They demolish houses. They herd
people into refugee camps. They bomb the refugee camps. They steal food.
They siphon off Palestinian water. They profit from using Palestinians as
cheap labour. They construct 'jew-only' roads. They live in luxury on top of
hills whilst the population below starve and are policed into submission.
They kill, since 2000, ten times more arab Israelis than arabs have killed
Jews. All of this is elementary and well documented. They make impossible
demands on Palestinians before they will even consider 'negotiating' with
them. For Xxxxxx to talk about suicide bombers (with the emphasis on
'suicide', meaning the actor would rather die him/herself than live any more
under such circumstances), as the cause of Sharon's policies is a disgrace.
I thought this was a list for people interested in marxism? Perhaps if
Xxxxxx had spent most of her life under brutal occupation she might think
twice before defending 'left zionism'.
PS The subject heading, as has been pointed out tons of times, is
misleading- Palestinians are semites and the Israeli govt. thus easily
qualifies as 'anti-semitic'.