[Marxism] From Lenin to Earth Day

loupaulsen at comcast.net loupaulsen at comcast.net
Thu Apr 22 10:04:53 MDT 2004

Re Mark Lause's post:

The incident he is reporting from Houston is not anything I recall having ever heard of before.  Certainly nothing like chanting "SWP out of the community" was ever anything like our line then or before or since.  If he hasn't mixed up his recollections completely, then perhaps the people doing it were completely inexperienced, or not subject to our discipline, or something.

In DC, where I was, I remember that we went as a defense guard to a CP-organized meeting.  This thread by NCLC to "physically destroy" the CPUSA was one of the more bizarre incidents in the movement at that time.

Lou Paulsen
Chicago