[Marxism] From Lenin to Earth Day

RWRAINEY5 at aol.com RWRAINEY5 at aol.com
Thu Apr 22 12:26:10 MDT 2004

No, I am definitely not against Earth Day, or the legions of thoughtful,
decent people (Left or not) who promote environmentally-friendly policies.   I was
referring to those who sought a "liberal" alternative to the worldwide Lenin
centenary celebrations (Why did Earth Day HAVE to be April 22?).   Just as in
the case of Amnesty International and political detention and torture; people
of good will support their aims, but not necessarily the organization or the
various motives that gave it life.

Rachel