[Marxism] Mark Jones was right #2

Jon Flanders jonathan.flanders at verizon.net
Fri Apr 23 14:21:43 MDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 12:36, Richard Fidler wrote:
> I must have missed "Mark Jones was right #1". But re: #2,
>
> Mark may have been right about declining oil reserves, but a number of
> recent news items reinforce my doubts that he was right on his more
> fundamental contention: that no substitutes for fossil fuels could be
> developed in time to stave off worldwide economic collapse.

Without a  doubt wind energy will be crucial to the continuation of
viable electricity production. But we won't be flying planes with
electricity anytime soon. And 98% of the transportation system dominated
by private automobiles and trucks runs on fossil fuels. It will take
tens of thousands of wind turbines to make that up.

Just got the latest email from ODAC(Oil Depletion Analysis Center).
Check it out at: http://www.odac-info.org/

Jon Flanders