[Marxism] HEU picket line

Macdonald Stainsby mstainsby at resist.ca
Mon Apr 26 11:35:34 MDT 2004

I neither normally post to international lists about local strikes, nor
give particular emphasis for a particular strike over another. That said, I
wish to draw as many people who are in or around Vanocuver as I can to what
is happening with the HEU lines here. The Hospital Employees Union has a
struggle going on that could be best described as a make or break struggle
for health care as universal in British Columbia. For those who live
without proper health care the importance of our local struggle on the
world stage is obvious. Many of us who are used to always being covered
("of course") should pause to think of life without it.

Strikes can be won, but not alone.
For more info:

(Maryann Abbs)

--