[Marxism] Blame Nader? Gore had six million dollars left in 2000!

lshan at bcn.net lshan at bcn.net
Wed Apr 28 18:38:12 MDT 2004

Blame Nader? Gore had six million dollars left in 2000!

At first, I didn't think about Nader. I only thought about what an
incompetent idiot Gore was. Six million dollars in Tennessee of
Florida--what could it have done?

Then I became conflicted. Why should a Marxist care about the incompetency
of capitalist candidates? Finally, I came up with the Nader angle. If the
Democratic Party wants to blame someone, blame Gore. As Jesse Ventura
pointed out: you at least have to be able to carry your home state of
Tennessee and your President's home state of Arkansas. Now we find that Gore
had at least six million dollars in reserve.

I love comedy, but I am not a comic writer. Maybe the Daily Show or Steve
Martin in the New Yorker could do justice to Gore sitting around with his
"advisers" figuring out whether they should spend the six million or sit on
it.

from Brian Shannon

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Gore-Kerry.html?hp